Tamil conversations in a vegetable stall

Common questions for purchasing vegetables in a stall


Examples of common conversations at a Vegetable stall is given below to help you to understand and communicate/ask questions about the purchase.


English sentences Tamil sentences
How much for the Apples? Apples enna villai?
don't you sell in kgs? Kilo kannakil neengal virpadhillaiya?
Give me 1 plastic bagennaku oru plastic pai kodukkavum
I missed my Bag En pai Thulainthuvittathu.
I don't want a plastic bag ennakku plastic pai vendaam
I have a bag with me enkita pai irukka
Give me 2 kgs ennaku irundu kilo kodukakavum
I want a kilo of tomato ennaku oru kilo takkali vendum
Are the vegetables fresh? Kaigarikal ellam pudiyaatha?
How much is it? Ithu Evvalavu?
Weigh it properly sariyaaga aelai podavum
I don't have change ennidam chillarai illai
Vegetables are in the basket Koodai yil kaaikarikal ullana
I will enquire rates with other shops naan mattrai kadaigal villaiyaiy patri visaaripaen


Next Lesson 30: Learn Tamil Prepositions