Travel phrase in Tamil

Learning Tamil Phrase for travel
Imagine yourself in some Tamil speaking country and you're not sure of how to ask the directions or seek help. The following travel phrases are useful and can help you avoid misunderstanding. You can practice them to ensure that you could get proper communication to avoid confusion or being lost.

English Phrase Tamil Phrase
Help! uthavi veeNdum
Can you help me? unnaal enakku udhava mutiyuma?
Can I help you? naan ungalukku udhavi seyyattuma?
Where is the airport? Airport enge ulladu?
Go straight neraka sellungal
Then piraku
Turn left itadhu pakkam thirumpungal
Turn valadhu pakkam thirumpungal
I'm Sorry!enna manichudunga
No Problem! Onnum prachanai illai
Can You Say It Again? Thirumba sollunga?
Can You Speak Slowly? Porumaiya pesunga?
Write It Down Please! Adhai ezhuthunga!
I Don't Understand! Enakku puriyala!
I Don't Know! Enakku theriyaathu
I Have No Idea. Ennaku theriyala
What's That Called In Tamil ? Thamizhil enna solvaarkal?
What Is This? Idhu enna?
My Tamil is bad En …(thamizh) romba mosam
Don't worry! Kavalai padaathe
what to do now? ippozhuthu enna seivathu
I don't know where I am naan engee erukiren endru theriyalavillai
I need a doctor Naan oru Doctorai pAkkanum
Can I use your phone? unga phOna use pannikkattumA?
Where does this train/bus go? intha vandi engae p'O'guthu?
I'm looking for joe. Naan joeai théduréan (or) Joe irukkara?
One moment please! Oru nimidam!
Hold on please! Irunga!
How much is this? Idhu evvalavu?
Excuse me Mannikanum
Come with me Ennodu Vaanga! (formal)


Next Lesson 9. Body Parts